Rikon 70-1218VS 12” x 18” Midi Lathe @ Rocker for $440 ($399 + 40 shipping)
I came across this deal on Rockler for a Rikon variable speed midi lathe through a wood working forum I frequent. I don’t often see specialized tools like this one for sale so I wanted to share it.
Rikon’s 12” x 18” Variable Speed Midi Lathe Model, model 70-1218VS, represents an excellent value in small- to mid-sized lathes. It features digital speed control with an easy-to-read display, a wide range of operating speeds accessible with both a simple knob and the easy-access belt system, anti-vibration rubber feet for extra stability, a robust 3/4HP DC motor, and ample capacities for its size. The lathe comes complete with a spur center, live center, 3” faceplate, 8” tool rest with 1” diameter post, knock-out bar, wrenches and tool holder.
- Digital speed control with large, easy-to-read DRO
- Convenient, accessible on/off switches and variable speed dial
- Pivoting belt cover provides quick access to the belt for easy speed range changes
- Easy adjust handle allows up to 2” of RAM travel
- Powerful 3/4 HP DC motor provides ample power
- Ball-bearing construction for smooth, precise spindle operation
- Machined bed and matching components for precise alignment
- Adjustable locking handles keep components positioned securely
- Machined bed end lets you add an optional bed extension (#68892, sold separately) for turning longer workpieces
- Note: Forward drive only