A very well reviewed speaker for nearly half-off MSRP. Close out of a discontinued model. Get them while you can! I found "Open Box Excellent" for $134 and "Open Box Satisfactory" for $110 respectively in my area. But YMMV on those.
A solid mid- and low-frequency foundation
MartinLogan uses aluminum cones for their unique blend of lightness and rigidity. This speaker’s 5-1/4" woofer blends warm and neutral midrange frequencies with surprisingly solid low end. The rear-firing bass port helps efficiently enhance bass response without adding distortion.
Detail and precision from the Folded Motion™ tweeter
Perched above the Motion 15i’s woofer is the source of this speaker’s impressive high-frequency performance — MartinLogan’s acclaimed Folded Motion tweeter. Its pleated diaphragm works similarly to an accordion by "squeezing" air to create sound. Because it requires almost 90% less excursion than the typical 1" dome tweeter, response time and distortion are drastically reduced. The diaphragm’s increased surface area also provides wide, yet controlled sound dispersion to create a realistic and highly accurate soundstage.
Unique crossover network
Motion Series speakers feature proprietary Vojtko™ crossovers, named after MartinLogan’s chief audio technologist, Joe Vojtko. "A Vojtko crossover isn’t so much a set of design requirements as it is a philosophy," the company explains. Each speaker’s drivers are carefully selected or designed to operate within an intentional frequency range and specific performance parameters. That allows the crossover networks — built from high-quality capacitors and resistors — to be clean and uncomplicated.
- 1" x 1.4" Folded Motion® tweeter for exceptional detail with low distortion
- 5-1/4" aluminum-cone woofer with cast basket
- bass-reflex (ported) cabinet with rear-firing port
- proprietary high-performance Vojtko™ crossover network
- frequency response: 60-25,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity: 92 dB
- nominal impedance: 5 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: 20-200 watts
- fabric-wrapped magnetic grille
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 6-13/16"W x 11-7/16"H x 9-1/2"D
- weight: 12 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years (with product registration)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MO15IRW