I’ve been looking off and on for a standing desk. Haven’t seen a better deal than this. The walnut color shows a "Save an extra $20.00 when you apply this coupon" checkbox right under the price on the Amazon page.
I’ve already received mine and assembled it. It’s such a great desk for the price that I just ordered a second one for the missus. Here are some of my observations:
- The Amazon description reads 44×24 inches. My actual tabletop dimensions are 43.25" x 23.7" — a good size for the room I’m working from home in.
- The walnut wood color is darker in person. It’s a nice solid thick laminate.
- The table top comes in two pieces split the long way. It works out fine because the laminate wood pattern makes it look like the desk is made of a couple of planks.
- The motor is on the right side of the desk.
- Frame is sturdy!!!
- Assembly instructions were literally 4 diagrams with very few words. (Reminded me of "How to draw an owl" ??)
- Took me about 2 hours to install. I took my time to make sure everything was tight, but not too tight that I’d strip something.
- Single motor. There’s an axle that goes between the winches for both legs. I was a little nervous installing this part, but it turned out okay.
- Motor’s quiet. Lift/lower speed is fine.
- Memory functionality is straightforward – think setting station memories on old car FM stereos.
- I recommend zip-tying a power strip that has a long power cord to the outside of the axle track. Plug the desk motor power into that and also your monitor power. Now you only have to worry about 1 power cord when raising/lowering. Make sure your HDMI cords are long enough too.
- The max height makes me think, "WHAT IS THIS, A TABLE FOR GIANTS??" -Derek Zoolander, probably.
I think that’s it. I was just really impressed and glad to finally make the jump into sit/stand land. FWIW, I’ve got a triple 23" monitor setup and the monitors extend past the width of the desk, but not an issue for me.